This course provides a further insight into some of the key issues of Estonian culture, discussing the influences that have marked its development. By means of visiting museums and different cultural events (both as a group and individually), students develop an improved understanding of cultural life in Estonia, with emphasis on art, architecture and design. Spring semester 2021.
1. Introductory lecture / seminar
2. Visiting Estonian Museum of Applied Art and Design
3. Former East, former West – Lecture, seminar – lecture, seminar
4. Visiting Vabamu Museum of Occupations and Freedom
5. Visiting Niguliste church-museum
6. Joint screening and discussion of November and discussion of Sergey Dovlatov's Compromise.